Monday 2 May 2011

katenoblepaint

I don't know what happened to the last speil I wrote, disappeared into the ether.  I am currently studying for an MA at Bath.  I am working on that area between narrative and abstract work.  I am making paintings 43"x34" a( a size that fits into my car, not for any particularly esoteric reason). I steal images with my mobiel phone, work them up in oil on linen/canvas, attach a photograph of the 'finished' work to a board, and work on the second image with mixed media and resin, simplifying back on both images.  I really think something is eventually coming out of this work.  my subject matter relates to older people, especially to older women:  titles I have appropriated from novels I have read, a bit enigmatic, but then I add a subtitle which clarifies it all.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what happened to the last speil I wrote, disappeared into the ether. I am currently studying for an MA at Bath. I am working on that area between narrative and abstract work. I am making paintings 43"x34" a( a size that fits into my car, not for any particularly esoteric reason). I steal images with my mobiel phone, work them up in oil on linen/canvas, attach a photograph of the 'finished' work to a board, and work on the second image with mixed media and resin, simplifying back on both images. I really think something is eventually coming out of this work. my subject matter relates to older people, especially to older women: titles I have appropriated from novels I have read, a bit enigmatic, but then I add a subtitle which clarifies it all.

    ReplyDelete